WhatsApp is one of the most popular messenger application available on various platforms like Android, iOS and now on KaiOS. It has over 1 billion downloads just on Android’s PlayStore!
Quote from Spiderman “With great power, comes great responsibility”.
Similarly, there are some features on WhatsApp which are been misused for various purposes and one of which is Marketing. One of the critical ones was anyone who has your number was able to add you to the WhatsApp group without your consent. Of course, you have the option to quit the group, but that doesn’t work if you have to quit 100s of groups daily.
Finally! We have a feature in WhatsApp using which you can prevent others from adding you to WhatsApp Groups. Now, you can specify who can add you to WhatsApp groups.
Below are the steps you can perform in order to enable this feature:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone, then go to Settings -> Privacy -> Groups
- Tap on Groups, here you can select one of the options which suit you the best.
- Everyone – Anyone on WhatsApp can add you to a WhatsApp Group.
- My Contacts – Only numbers in your contact list can add you in a WhatsApp Group without a manual invitation.
- Nobody – It will stop everyone from adding you to a WhatsApp Group without a manual invitation.
It’s a great addition by WhatsApp to help a person’s privacy. It helps to get free of random peoples just adding you to crapping unknown groups. Such features are very small but this enhances the overall usability of the app. Share this post with others who want to know how they prevent others from adding them to WhatsApp Groups
Also if someone who is not in your contact list still wants you to add group, that someone can still manually send you to invite which you can accept in order get added to the group. So, all genuine people can still use WhatsApp but now just with a little extra step which is worth for this feature.