WhatsApp web is one of the most used tool of the world’s most popular messaging app. It allows you to use WhatsApp on your computer, laptop and now even on iPad. Dark Mode was released on WhatsApp native apps for Android and iOS but WhatsApp Web is still waiting to get it’s own Dark Mode feature enabled. Now you can get Dark Mode on WhatsApp via Chrome Extension.
WhatsApp doesn’t officially support Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web, but there is one super simple and easy way to enable Dark Mode in just a few clicks without any code editing.
Update – Now you can simply use the Chrome Web Store to download and install WhatsApp Dark Mode – https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/whatsapp-dark-mode/jccncdabkmlbdieginahchogcfllfkhk
Follow below steps to enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp Web for Chrome
- Download a Chrome Extension – “WhatsApp Dark Mode” from here.
- Go to your Chrome Browser and click on the 3 dots on the top right corner and click on Settings.
- Click on Extensions on the left sidebar of the settings page.
- Turn on Developer Mode located at top right corner.
- Extract the ZIP downloaded to a secure location and make sure you don’t delete it.
- Click on “Load Unpacked” button located on top left corner of the screen and open the folder where you had extracted the above ZIP file.
- Now go to web.whatsapp.com and VOILÀ! Dark Mode is ON!
In case if you’re struggling to follow above-written steps, check out below quick 38-seconds video to see how you can enable the Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web using Chrome Extension.
Are you pissed off when some unknown just adds you to some WhatsApp group without your concern? You can check out this tutorial to prevent others from adding you to WhatsApp Groups – https://harshitpeer.com/blog/how-to-prevent-others-from-adding-you-to-whatsapp-groups/